When cutting using ultrashort laser pulses the cut is produced through layer-by-layer ablation of material, with no thermal effects on the edge areas.
This means that cuts can also be produced in materials that are brittle and rigid and temperature-sensitive, or in thin films. It is possible to achieve excellent cut-qualities with vertically cut edges without any melting on them and smooth finishes with low roughnesses.We offer:
- Melt-free fine laser cutting without material warping
- Sharp-edged cuts of metals, hard metals and ceramics
- Contour precision: +- 1 µm
- Material thicknesses: 5 – 500 µm
- Areas of application: medical engineering components, implants, micromechanics, electronics, filtration applications, soldering foils, template production